Monday 29 November 2010

Whats that coming over the hill...?

As I lay in bed I could hear a low rumble, intrigued I peeked out of the curtains and a glimmer of yellow, high-vis yellow to be precise, flashed before my eyes. Coming over the hill on his trusty dumper truck came Ted, ready to start digging!!

(a cow and a dumper truck...)


I was so excited and relieved to see the start of the project, getting a date where the ridiculously busy Ted could work in conjunction with Katharine the local archaeologist, who had to oversee any digging, was tricky to find, but luckily we were able to schedule a few days before everyone disappeared for the October half term holidays. It didn't take more then a couple of hours to see a real difference.


(hole)

(bigger hole)

(a digger in a BIG hole)

(done)

It seemed to take no time at all, and before I knew it there was a surprisingly large hole in the ground, ready for the cement to be laid...sadly this was going to have to wait however as the holidays had arrived and Ted was off for a well deserved break with his family. There was nothing to be done but for a few weeks but to sit and wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment